It Takes a Village to Raise a Child
Warning - this post contains some rants!!!
Mens Health Week - MoMents in Time
Dean shares...Anger is not a power play and should never be used to make someone scared.
He also gave us a review of Inside Out the new movie all about what goes on inside - all the emotions that run around...there are some gems here which matched what we were saying during our interview perfectly.
The Ultimate Work Experience starts soon so check out the link and get in touch.
Men's Health Week Website
Today I am not going to eat any junk food because that clutters my mind.
I am going to eat well today so that I can file away all of those emotions.
Reviewer age 5
There was not the danger experienced when others sleep rough but there was certainly the discomfort and the opportunity to raise awareness was clearly there - it was covered on all major media channels and had some very high profile CEO's. Even Vicky Waters, Headmistress from PLC was there. Of the politicians - Malcolm Turnbull and the Governor General Sir Peter Cosgrove. Frank Quinlan the CEO of Mental Health Australia was there.
Last year's donations meant they could offer 365,164 beds for the night, 1,197633 meals and assist on1,161,239 occasions
There is still time to donate and read up on who took part - link here
The Sydney Streetcount is on again this year check out their website and support the work Sydney is doing with homelessness awareness.
Last year's donations meant Vinnies could offer
365,164 beds for the night, 1,197633 meals and assist on1,161,239 occasions.
- The conflict in Syria is the single biggest driver of displacement
- This World Refugee Day in 2015 there are ore refugees than at any time in our history - 60 million forcibly displaced.
- There were, on average, 42,500 people displaced every day in 2014.
- More than half of all refugees are children.
What oh what do we need to happen to be prepared to look beyond what happens in our own backyards and say enough is enough?
Still we bicker about whose responsibility it is - a complete them and us way to behave. Everyone is a person and deserves equal respect. Who knows if we will ever need to be supported by another country...who knows.
Read the full CNN article here
Violence costs the global economy 14.3 Trillion dollars a year
We will cover this for the month of July by revisiting some of our past guests and seeing what can come up during that time.
- The tiredness - oh the tiredness when you don't get the sugar hit!
- How to socialise without alcohol when it has been the tool you have used to socialised
- Nutrition and how you can replenish what is perhaps depleted and nourish your body.
- The detox and the rebuild!
Let me know if you are doing it - we would love to have you on the show!
If anyone wants the link to Hello Sunday Morning - here it is