We don't realise how much freedom and choice we have till it is denied or taken away. This weeks show travels from those who have no choice to some of the choices we can make for our own health and wellbeing.
News from around the globe today!
My guest today is Sarah Cloutier chats with me about news and how we consume and brings a welcomed solidness to the conversation. Sarah's passion is food and how her relationship with food has changed as she has learnt to listen to how food feels in her body. Sarah has a great recipe website called Healthy Cooking for Beginners and shares the affect different foods can have on our physiology. I have linked it below.
Sarah, like my other guests on the show in the past, is a guest who shares from her lived experience. Sarah has spent years taking time to understand how her body feels when she eats different foods. This blog is the result of years of discovering.
The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of those who do evil but because of those who look on and do nothing about it
News from around the world....
One of his requests from all of us was to understand the importance of choosing to be aware of what happens in different countries around the world. See the copy of Peter Greste at the Press Club and a copy of the video through this article...see link here
Rainbows took over the world - from Sydney stunners which melted down Instagram and made international news to the landmark supreme court case on same sex marriage that changed Facebook with very colourful DPs. It brought up a great conversation about love, human rights, freedom of expression and of course free choice.
Worth checking out a couple of good comedy moments...on politics and guns...not that there i anything funny about the abuse of guns but the illogical defence...you either laugh and make sure others know about it or you despair.
- John Oliver and Last Week Tonight on Tony Abbott
- John Oliver on gun control from his segment on the Daily Show. I loved his logical approach. This is actually a 3 part segment...fell free to find the other parts on YouTube from the 1st link above. Apparently it is political suicide in the US to back gun control....mmm. Loved that the Howard Government passed their law within 3 months.
- Jim Jeffries on gun control - Jim just breaks down the arguments one by one to show the illogical approach by the US..Bad language warning!!
The fundamental search for love. Bringing news back to being about the people and for the people. The responsibility to not sensationalise people's stories but to present them so we engage so we have understanding. This was a much longer section but there was no space today...another week!
Be the change you want to see in the world :-)
For every tablespoon of BBQ sauce it equates to 2 tablespoons of sugar - we are consuming, on average over 40 teaspoons of sugar a day without even thinking about it. Warning - this may affect your attachment to low fat alternatives.
Dry July - Supporting adults with cancer
- The ripple effect of an adult getting cancer
- The affect alcohol has on your immune system
- The affect alcohol has on you mental health and your relationships
- Alcohol in Sport
- The inordinate amount of sugar in health foods
- Quality fats in the diet
- That Sugar Film
- What does sugar detail feel like and how can we support ourselves?
Don't go cold turkey - be caring and thoughtful to yourself about you look after yourself in this time.
Check out Sarah's Healthy Cooking for Beginners blog and keep in touch with her Facebook page. We will be posting one recipe a day so you can get some ideas for dinner each night...
Please let us know how you go by engaging on the Facebook pages...Till next time :-)